Monday, February 25, 2008

You're turning violet, Violet.

Yesterday was my first hour session with a personal trainer. I have never ever worked out that hard before - ever. My face was fuschia. Literally. I've never seen anything like it outside of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when Violet turned violet. I've been working out steadily on my own. Doing a mix of cardio and weight training. I thought I was challenging myself, but I really wasn't. If something started to hurt or ache, I would stop and move onto something else. Unfortunately I couldn't just stop and take a break yesterday, it was a circuit workout that was run through 3 times. At one point, I was like "fuck, I cannot believe I paid for this torture!" This morning when I woke up, I felt like a little old lady while shuffling through my apartment. They say if it hurts, it must be working, right?? On the bright side, I am wearing a size 10 suit jacket today...ah yeah! Of course, I am not a size 10 on the bottom yet, more like a 14...damn thighs...

I will continue on with my Soldier Boy story soon but not today. Right now the thought of him makes me want to kick box him in his face. ARGH! I think I may enroll in a kick boxing class so that when I do see him, I can execute a perfect kick right to his annoyingly handsome face.

Tomorrow is my performance review at work. I am a little nervous - I've done a good job, but prior to my new boss, I had a douchebag boss for most of 2007. He was a dismissive, arrogant jerk that I could never warm up to and it affected our working relationship. My new boss is fabulous. She cares about things that are important - like what I'm working on and how to develop me into the next level - things that the D.B. (douchebag) could not even begin to care about or even fake caring about. So the review is a combination of both their perspectives. I have a case of the butterflies...I really don't know how it will go.